25/04/2015

Chocolate & Coconut Bliss Balls



Now I am just in love with bliss balls, especially the one from Boost Juice, however I had a problem, I just couldn't keep paying $2 every time I went past Boost and eating balls that are not even that nutritious.
So that's when I decided to make my own and let me tell you they are delicious. They taste very similar to the ones from Boost Juice, however have a much higher nutritional value and are jam-packed with real and healthy ingredients.



These little balls can keep in the fridge for weeks, however from experience they are hard to keep for more than 3 days without me (and my little sister) devouring the whole lot!! The seeds have a very high nutritional value and the oats are very filling so you will actually feel full when you eat them. As opposed to some unhealthy packaged food which just make you over eat and never feel full.



Ingredients:

15 dates
1-2 heaped desert spoons of cocoa powder (adjust to taste)
Teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/2 cup pepitas (optional)
1 desert spoon of linseed (optional)
1 desert spoon of chia seeds (optional)
1 cup of oats
3/4 cup coconut + extra for rolling (desiccated preferred)



What you need to do:

Blend linseed and chia seeds in a food processor until fine

Add oats, cocoa and coconut and blend until flour like

Add the dates and vanilla essence and process until smooth (depending on the strength of your processor this could take a while, so be patient)

Add water gradually and process until the mix is sticky and easy to roll into balls, if the mix is still to dry add more water.

Form into balls and roll in desiccated coconut or just leave plain


Hope you enjoy this delicious little snack,

Georgia Catherine xo


No comments:

Post a Comment